- To restore to sound condition after damage or injury; fix: repaired the broken watch.
- To set right; remedy: repair an oversight.
- To renew or revitalize.
- To make up for or compensate for (a loss or wrong, for example).
- To make repairs.
- The work, act, or process of repairing.
- An instance or a result of repairing. Often used in the plural: My car is in the shop for repairs. We checked the repairs before returning his car.
- General condition after use or repairing: in good repair.
- Something that has been repaired.
- To betake oneself; go: repair to the dining room.
- To go frequently or habitually: repairs to the restaurant every week.
- An act of going or sojourning: our annual repair to the mountains.
- A place to which one goes frequently or habitually; a haunt.