Not full, large, or plentiful; scarcely sufficient; less than is wanted for the purpose; scanty; meager; not enough; as, a scant allowance of provisions or water; a scant pattern of cloth for a garment.
- Barely sufficient: paid scant attention to the lecture.
- Falling short of a specific measure: a scant cup of sugar.
- Inadequately supplied; short: We were scant of breath after the lengthy climb.
- To give an inadequate portion or allowance to: had to scant the older children in order to nourish the newborn.
- To limit, as in amount or share; stint: Our leisure time is scanted by this demanding job.
- To deal with or treat inadequately or neglectfully; slight.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മതിയാകാത്തകഷ്ടിച്ച് - Mathiyaakaaththakashdichu | Mathiyakathakashdichu ;അപൂർവ്വമായ - Apoorvvamaaya | Apoorvvamaya ;കുറവായ - Kuravaaya | Kuravaya ;കുറവ് - Kuravu ;തികയാത്ത - Thikayaaththa | Thikayatha ;ലുബ്ധുള്ള - Lubdhulla ;