A large ladle; a vessel with a long handle, used for dipping liquids; a utensil for bailing boats.
- A shovellike utensil, usually having a deep curved dish and a short handle: a flour scoop.
- The amount that such a utensil can hold.
- A thick-handled cuplike utensil for dispensing balls of ice cream or other semisoft food, often having a sweeping band in the cup that is levered by the thumb to free the contents.
- A portion of food gathered with this utensil.
- A ladle; a dipper.
- An implement for bailing water from a boat.
- A narrow, spoon-shaped instrument for surgical extraction in cavities or cysts.
- The bucket or shovel, as of a dredge or backhoe.
- A hollow area; a cavity.
- An opening, as on the body of a motor vehicle, by which a fluid is directed inward: "The [sports car] has . . . enough scoops and spoilers to get you a citation just standing still” ( Mark Weinstein).
- A scooping movement or action.
- Informal An exclusive news story acquired by luck or initiative before a competitor.
- Informal Current information or details: What's the scoop on the new neighbors?
- To take up or dip into with or as if with a scoop.
- To hollow out by digging.
- To gather or collect swiftly and unceremoniously; grab: scoop up a handful of jelly beans.
- Informal To top or outmaneuver (a competitor) in acquiring and publishing an important news story.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചൂടുവാര്ത്ത - Chooduvaarththa | Chooduvartha ;തടമെടുക്കുക - Thadamedukkuka ;തോണ്ടുക - Thonduka ;മറ്റു ലേഖകള് അറിയാതെ പത്രലേഖകന് ചോര്ത്തിയെടുക്കുന്ന പ്രാധാന്യമുളള വാര്ത്ത - Mattu Lekhakal Ariyaathe Pathralekhakan Chorththiyedukkunna Praadhaanyamulala Vaarththa | Mattu Lekhakal Ariyathe Pathralekhakan Chorthiyedukkunna Pradhanyamulala Vartha ;തോണ്ടുക - Thonduka ;കോരുപാളകോരിയെടുക്കുക - Korupaalakoriyedukkuka | Korupalakoriyedukkuka ;