Of or pertaining to a series; consisting of a series; appearing in successive parts or numbers; as, a serial work or publication.
- Of, forming, or arranged in a series.
- Published or produced in installments, as a novel or television drama.
- Relating to such publication or production.
- Responsible for a series of usually criminal acts over a period of time: a serial arsonist.
- Music Relating to or based on a row of tones, especially the 12 pitches of the chromatic scale.
- Computer Science Of or relating to the sequential transmission of all the bits of a byte over one wire: a serial port; a serial printer.
- Computer Science Of or relating to the sequential performance of multiple operations: serial processing.
- A literary or dramatic work published or produced in installments.