One who shuts or closes.
- One that shuts, as:
- A hinged cover or screen for a window, usually fitted with louvers.
- A mechanical device of a camera that controls the duration of a photographic exposure, as by opening and closing to allow light coming through the lens to expose a plate or film.
- Music The movable louvers on a pipe organ, controlled by pedals, that open and close the swell box.
- To furnish or close with shutters: locked the doors and shuttered the windows.
- To cause to cease operations; close down: shuttered the store for the holiday.