A shaft or missile intended to be shot from a crossbow or catapult, esp. a short, stout, blunt-headed arrow; a quarrel; an arrow, or that which resembles an arrow; a dart.
- A bar made of wood or metal that slides into a socket and is used to fasten doors and gates.
- A metal bar or rod in the mechanism of a lock that is thrown or withdrawn by turning the key.
- A fastener consisting of a threaded pin or rod with a head at one end, designed to be inserted through holes in assembled parts and secured by a mated nut that is tightened by applying torque.
- A sliding metal bar that positions the cartridge in breechloading rifles, closes the breech, and ejects the spent cartridge.
- A similar device in any breech mechanism.
- A short, heavy arrow with a thick head, used especially with a crossbow.
- A flash of lightning; a thunderbolt.
- A sudden or unexpected event: The announcement was a veritable bolt.
- A sudden movement toward or away.
- A large roll of cloth of a definite length, especially as it comes from the loom.
- To secure or lock with or as if with a bolt.
- To arrange or roll (lengths of cloth, for example) on or in a bolt.
- To eat (food) hurriedly and with little chewing; gulp.
- To desert or withdraw support from (a political party).
- To utter impulsively; blurt.
- Archaic To shoot or discharge (a missile, such as an arrow).
- To move or spring suddenly.
- To start suddenly and run away: The horse bolted at the sound of the shot. The frightened child bolted from the room.
- To break away from an affiliation, as from a political party.
- Botany To flower or produce seeds prematurely or develop a flowering stem from a rosette.
- bolt from the blue A sudden, shocking surprise or turn of events.
- bolt upright In a rigidly vertical position: sat bolt upright.
- To pass (flour, for example) through a sieve.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തഴു - Thazhu ;ദ്വാരപിധാനം - Dhvaarapidhaanam | Dhvarapidhanam ;ഒളിച്ചോട്ടം - Olichottam ;ഏറുതാഴ് - Eruthaazhu | Eruthazhu ;മിന്നല്പ്പിണര് - Minnalppinar ;സാക്ഷ - Saaksha | Saksha ;