To utter a sharp, shrill cry, usually of short duration; to cry with an acute tone, as an animal; or, to make a sharp, disagreeable noise, as a pipe or quill, a wagon wheel, a door; to creak.
- To give forth a short, shrill cry or sound.
- Slang To turn informer.
- To utter in a thin, shrill voice.
- A short shrill cry or sound, such as that made by a mouse or a rusty hinge.
- An escape: a close squeak.
- through To manage barely to pass, win, or survive: squeaked through the test; squeaks by on a limited income.