A pole, or piece of wood, constructed with a step or loop to raise the foot above the ground in walking. It is sometimes lashed to the leg, and sometimes prolonged upward so as to be steadied by the hand or arm.
- Either of a pair of long, slender poles each equipped with a raised footrest to enable the user to walk elevated above the ground.
- Any of various tall posts or pillars used as support, as for a dock or building: a beach house on stilts.
- An American wading bird (Himantopus mexicanus) that has long pink legs, black and white plumage, and a long slender bill, and that ranges from the United States to Peru and Brazil and is related to the avocet.
- A related bird (Cladorhynchus leucocephalus) of Australia.
- To place or raise on stilts.