To part the legs wide; to stand or to walk with the legs far apart.
- To stand or sit with a leg on each side of; bestride: straddle a horse.
- To be on both sides of; extend over or across: a car straddling the centerline.
- To appear to favor both sides of (an issue).
- To fire shots behind and in front of (a target) in order to determine the range.
- To walk, stand, or sit with the legs wide apart, especially to sit astride.
- To spread out in a disorderly way; sprawl.
- To appear to favor both sides of an issue.
- The act or posture of sitting astride.
- An equivocal or a noncommittal position.
- The option to buy or sell a specific asset, such as a block of stock, at a predetermined price before a certain date.
- straddle the fence Informal To be undecided or uncommitted.