The state of being posited, or placed; the manner in which anything is placed; attitude; condition; as, a firm, an inclined, or an upright position.
- A place or location.
- The right or appropriate place: The bands are in position for the parade's start.
- A strategic area occupied by members of a force: The troops took up positions along the river.
- The way in which something is placed: the position of the clock's hands.
- The arrangement of body parts; posture: a standing position.
- An advantageous place or location: jockeys maneuvering for position.
- A situation as it relates to the surrounding circumstances: in a position to bargain.
- A point of view or attitude on a certain question: the mayor's position on taxes.
- Social standing or status; rank.
- A post of employment; a job.
- Sports The area for which a particular player is responsible.
- The arrangement of the pieces or cards at any particular time in a game such as chess, checkers, or bridge.
- The act or process of positing.
- A principle or proposition posited.
- A commitment to buy or sell a given amount of securities or commodities.
- The amount of securities or commodities held by a person, firm, or institution.
- The ownership status of a person's or institution's investments.
- To put in place or position.
- To determine the position of; locate.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദൃഷ്ടികോണ് - Dhrushdikon ;ഉന്നതപദവി - Unnathapadhavi ;അഭിപ്രായം - Abhipraayam | Abhiprayam ;അനുകൂലിസ്ഥിതി - Anukoolisthithi ;ഉദ്യോഗം - Udhyogam ;നില - Nila ;