The act of sewing; also, the line along which two things or parts are sewed together, or are united so as to form a seam, or that which resembles a seam.
- The process of joining two surfaces or edges together along a line by or as if by sewing.
- The material, such as thread, gut, or wire, that is used in this procedure.
- The line or stitch so formed.
- Medicine The fine thread or other material used surgically to close a wound or join tissues.
- Medicine The stitch so formed.
- Anatomy The line of junction or an immovable joint between two bones, especially of the skull.
- Biology A seamlike joint or line of articulation, such as the line of dehiscence in a dry fruit or the spiral seam marking the junction of whorls of a gastropod shell.
- To join by means of sutures or a suture.