A very small twist of flax, wool, cotton, silk, or other fibrous substance, drawn out to considerable length; a compound cord consisting of two or more single yarns doubled, or joined together, and twisted.
- Fine cord of a fibrous material, such as cotton or flax, made of two or more filaments twisted together and used in needlework and the weaving of cloth.
- A piece of such cord.
- A thin strand, cord, or filament of natural or manufactured material.
- Something that suggests the fineness or thinness of such a strand, cord, or filament: a thread of smoke.
- Something that suggests the continuousness of such a strand, cord, or filament: lost the thread of his argument.
- A helical or spiral ridge on a screw, nut, or bolt.
- Computer Science A portion of a program that can run independently of and concurrently with other portions of the program.
- Computer Science A set of posts on a newsgroup, composed of an initial post about a topic and all responses to it.
- Slang Clothes.
- To pass one end of a thread through the eye of (a needle, for example).
- To pass (something) through in the manner of a thread: thread the wire through the opening.
- To pass a tape or film into or through (a device): thread a film projector.
- To pass (a tape or film) into or through a device.
- To connect by running a thread through; string: thread beads.
- To make one's way cautiously through: threading dark alleys.
- To make (one's way) cautiously through something.
- To occur here and there throughout; pervade: "More than 90 geologic faults thread the Los Angeles area” ( Science News).
- To machine a thread on (a screw, nut, or bolt).
- To make one's way cautiously: threaded through the shoals and sandbars.
- To proceed by a winding course.
- To form a thread when dropped from a spoon, as boiling sugar syrup.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പിരി - Piri ;ചരട് - Charadu ;ആനയനം - Aanayanam | anayanam ;നൂല് - Nool ;ഇഴ - Izha ;ചരട് - Charadu ;