To overlay or plate with a thin layer of wood or other material for outer finish or decoration; as, to veneer a piece of furniture with mahogany. Used also figuratively.
- A thin surface layer, as of finely grained wood, glued to a base of inferior material.
- Any of the thin layers glued together to make plywood.
- A decorative facing, as of brick.
- A deceptive, superficial show; a façade: a veneer of friendliness.
- To overlay (a surface) with a thin layer of a fine or decorative material.
- To glue together (layers of wood) to make plywood.
- To conceal, as something common or crude, with a deceptively attractive outward show.