To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line; to aline.
- To arrange in a line or so as to be parallel: align the tops of a row of pictures; aligned the car with the curb.
- To adjust (parts of a mechanism, for example) to produce a proper relationship or orientation: aligning the wheels of a truck.
- To ally (oneself, for example) with one side of an argument or cause: aligned themselves with the free traders.
- To adhere to a prescribed course of action.
- To move or be adjusted into proper relationship or orientation.