Anything used for catching and retaining or communicating fire, made of some substance which takes fire readily, or remains burning some time; esp., a small strip or splint of wood dipped at one end in a substance which can be easily ignited by friction, as a preparation of phosphorus or chlorate of potassium.
- One that is exactly like another; a counterpart.
- One that is like another in one or more specified qualities: He is John's match for bravery.
- One that is able to compete equally with another: The boxer had met his match.
- One that closely resembles or harmonizes with another: The napkins were a nice match for the tablecloth.
- A pair, each one of which resembles or harmonizes with the other: The colors were a close match.
- Sports A game or contest in which two or more persons, animals, or teams oppose and compete with each other: a soccer match.
- Sports A tennis contest won by the player or side that wins a specified number of sets, usually two out of three or three out of five.
- A marriage or an arrangement of marriage: a royal match.
- A person viewed as a prospective marriage partner.
- To be exactly like; correspond exactly.
- To be like with respect to specified qualities.
- To resemble or harmonize with: The coat matches the dress.
- To adapt or suit so that a balanced or harmonious result is achieved; cause to correspond: You should match your deeds to your beliefs.
- To find or produce a counterpart to: It's difficult to match the color of old paint.
- To fit together or cause to fit together.
- To join or give in marriage.
- To place in opposition or competition; pit: She matched her skill against all comers.
- To provide with an adversary or competitor.
- To do as well as or better than in competition; equal.
- To set in comparison; compare: beauty that could never be matched.
- To provide funds so as to equal or complement: The government will match all private donations to the museum.
- To flip or toss (coins) and compare the sides that land face up.
- To couple (electric circuits) by means of a transformer.
- To be a close counterpart; correspond.
- A narrow piece, usually of wood or cardboard, coated on one end with a compound that ignites when scratched against a rough or chemically treated surface.
- An easily ignited cord or wick, formerly used to detonate powder charges or to fire cannons and muzzle-loading firearms.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വൈദഗ്ദ്ധ്യപരീക്ഷ - Vaidhagddhyapareeksha | Vaidhagdhyapareeksha ;ചേര്ച്ചയുള്ളവന് - Cherchayullavan ;സമാനവസ്തു - Samaanavasthu | Samanavasthu ;പരസ്പരം അധിക്ഷേപങ്ങൾ ചൊരിഞ്ഞുകൊണ്ടുള്ള വാക്സമരം - Parasparam Adhikshepangal Chorinjukondulla Vaaksamaram | Parasparam Adhikshepangal Chorinjukondulla Vaksamaram ;ചവുട്ടി - Chavutti ;ഇണയായിരിക്കുക - Inayaayirikkuka | Inayayirikkuka ;