To harmonize in opinion, statement, or action; to be in unison or concord; to be or become united or consistent; to concur; as, all parties agree in the expediency of the law.
- To grant consent; accede: We agreed to her suggestion.
- To come into or be in accord, as of opinion: I agree with you on that. Our views on the election agree.
- To come to an understanding or to terms: We agreed on the price.
- To be compatible or consistent; correspond: The copy agrees with the original. His story agrees with mine.
- To be suitable, appropriate, pleasing, or healthful: Spicy food does not agree with me.
- Grammar To correspond in gender, number, case, or person.
- To grant or concede: My parents agreed that we should go.