Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy, for the object; effectual; valid; as, an available plea.
- Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times.
- Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors.
- Qualified and willing to serve or assist: a list of available candidates; was not available for comment.
- Chemistry Capable of being used in a chemical reaction: available electrons.
- Botany Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient: available water; available minerals.
- Archaic Capable of bringing about a beneficial result or effect.
- Law Archaic Valid. Used especially of a plea.