A small paper; a note; a short letter.
- Lodging for troops.
- A written order directing that such lodging be provided.
- A position of employment; a job.
- Archaic A short letter; a note.
- To lodge (soldiers).
- To serve (a person) with a written order to provide lodging for soldiers.
- To assign lodging to.
- To be quartered; lodge.
- A short, thick piece of wood, especially one used as firewood.
- One of a series of regularly spaced, log-shaped segments used horizontally as ornamentation in the moldings of Norman architecture.
- A small, usually rectangular bar of iron or steel in an intermediate stage of manufacture.
- A small ingot of nonferrous metal.
- The part of a harness strap that passes through a buckle.
- A loop or pocket for securing the end of a buckled harness strap.