Convenient sea room.
- Sufficient space for a ship to maneuver; sea room: kept a clear berth of the reefs.
- A space for a ship to dock or anchor: a steamship moored to its berth at the pier.
- Employment on a ship: sought an officer's berth in the merchant marine.
- A job: a comfortable berth as head of the department.
- A built-in bed or bunk, as on a ship or a train.
- A place to sleep or stay; accommodations: found a berth in a nearby hotel.
- A space where a vehicle can be parked, as for loading.
- To bring (a ship) to a berth.
- To provide with a berth.
- To come to a berth; dock.
- a wide berth Ample space or distance to avoid an unwanted consequence: gave their angry colleague a wide berth.