One who lets or permits; one who lets anything for hire.
- A written symbol or character representing a speech sound and being a component of an alphabet.
- A written symbol or character used in the graphemic representation of a word, such as the h in Thames. See Note at Thames.
- A written or printed communication directed to a person or organization.
- A certified document granting rights to its bearer. Often used in the plural.
- Literal meaning: had to adhere to the letter of the law.
- Literary culture; belles-lettres.
- Learning or knowledge, especially of literature.
- Literature or writing as a profession.
- Printing A piece of type that prints a single character.
- Printing A specific style of type.
- Printing The characters in one style of type.
- An emblem in the shape of the initial of a school awarded for outstanding performance, especially in varsity athletics.
- To write letters on.
- To write in letters.
- To write or form letters.
- To earn a school letter, as for outstanding athletic achievement: She lettered in three collegiate sports.
- to the letter To the last detail; exactly: followed instructions to the letter.