Lye or suds in which cloth is soaked in the operation of bleaching, or in which clothes are washed.
- The adult male of some animals, such as the deer, antelope, or rabbit.
- Antelope considered as a group: a herd of buck.
- A robust or high-spirited young man.
- A fop.
- Offensive A Native American or Black man.
- An act or instance of bucking: a horse that unseated its rider on the first buck.
- Buckskin breeches or shoes.
- To leap upward arching the back: The horse bucked in fright.
- To charge with the head lowered; butt.
- To make sudden jerky movements; jolt: The motor bucked and lurched before it finally ran smoothly.
- To resist stubbornly and obstinately; balk.
- Informal To strive with determination: bucking for a promotion.
- To throw or toss by bucking: buck off a rider; bucked the packsaddle off its back.
- To oppose directly and stubbornly; go against: "Los Angeles County, the most populous county in the country, is bucking the trend” ( American Demographics).
- Football To charge into (an opponent's line) carrying the ball.
- Archaic To butt against with the head.
- Of the lowest rank in a specified military category: a buck private; a buck sergeant.
- buck up To summon one's courage or spirits; hearten: My friends tried to buck me up after I lost the contest.
- A sawhorse or sawbuck.
- A leather-covered frame used for gymnastic vaulting.
- Informal A dollar.
- Informal An amount of money: working overtime to make an extra buck.
- Games A counter or marker formerly passed from one poker player to another to indicate an obligation, especially one's turn to deal.
- Informal Games Obligation to account for something; responsibility: tried to pass the buck for the failure to his boss.
- Informal To pass (a task or duty) to another, especially so as to avoid responsibility: "We will see the stifling of initiative and the increased bucking of decisions to the top” ( Winston Lord).
- the buck stops here Informal The ultimate responsibility rests here.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നല്ല വസ്ത്രം ധരിച്ചയാള് - Nalla Vasthram Dharichayaal | Nalla Vasthram Dharichayal ;മറ്റുള്ളവരിൽ പഴി ചാരുക - Mattullavaril Pazhi Chaaruka | Mattullavaril Pazhi Charuka ;കൂടുതൽ ഉൻമേഷവാനോ ഊർജ്ജസ്വലനോ ആയിത്തീരുക - Kooduthal Unmeshavaano Oorjjasvalano Aayiththeeruka | Kooduthal Unmeshavano Oorjjaswalano ayitheeruka ;പച്ചക്കാമദേവൻ - Pachakkaamadhevan | Pachakkamadhevan ;ധൃതികൂട്ടുക - Dhruthikoottuka ;കുതിരക്ക് കൊടുക്കുന്ന ഗോതമ്പ് - Kuthirakku Kodukkunna Gothampu ;