The inside lining of a room overhead; the under side of the floor above; the upper surface opposite to the floor.
- The upper interior surface of a room.
- Material used to cover this surface.
- Something resembling a ceiling: a ceiling of leaves over the arbor.
- An upper limit, especially as set by regulation: wage and price ceilings.
- The highest altitude under particular weather conditions from which the ground is still visible.
- The altitude of the lowest layer of clouds.
- Absolute ceiling.
- Nautical The planking applied to the interior framework of a ship.