A machine for measuring time, indicating the hour and other divisions by means of hands moving on a dial plate. Its works are moved by a weight or a spring, and it is often so constructed as to tell the hour by the stroke of a hammer on a bell. It is not adapted, like the watch, to be carried on the person.
- An instrument other than a watch for measuring or indicating time, especially a mechanical or electronic device having a numbered dial and moving hands or a digital display.
- A time clock.
- A source of regularly occurring pulses used to measure the passage of time, as in a computer.
- Any of various devices that indicate measurement, such as a speedometer or a taximeter.
- A biological clock.
- Botany The downy flower head of a dandelion that has gone to seed.
- To time, as with a stopwatch: clock a runner.
- To register or record with a mechanical device: clocked the winds at 60 miles per hour.
- To record working hours with a time clock: clocks in at 8 A.M. and out at 4 P.M.
- around Throughout the entire 24 hours of the day; continuously.
- clean (someone's) clock Slang To beat or defeat decisively: "Immense linemen declared their intentions to clean the clocks of opposing players” ( Russell Baker).
- kill Sports To preserve a lead by maintaining possession of the ball or puck until playing time expires.
- An embroidered or woven decoration on the side of a stocking or sock.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഘടികാരം - Ghadikaaram | Ghadikaram ;ജൈവഘടികാരം - Jaivaghadikaaram | Jaivaghadikaram ;ഓട്ടക്കാരന് ഓട്ടം പൂര്ത്തിയാക്കാനെടുത്ത സമയം സ്റ്റോപ്പ് വാച്ച് ഉപയോഗിച്ച് കണക്കാക്കുക - Ottakkaaran Ottam Poorththiyaakkaaneduththa Samayam Sttoppu Vaachu Upayogichu Kanakkaakkuka | Ottakkaran Ottam Poorthiyakkanedutha Samayam Sttoppu Vachu Upayogichu Kanakkakkuka ;നാഴികമണി - Naazhikamani | Nazhikamani ;സമയം അളക്കുക - Samayam Alakkuka ;