A hollow metallic vessel, usually shaped somewhat like a cup with a flaring mouth, containing a clapper or tongue, and giving forth a ringing sound on being struck.
- A hollow metal musical instrument, usually cup-shaped with a flared opening, that emits a metallic tone when struck.
- Something resembling such an instrument in shape or sound, as:
- The round, flared opening of a wind instrument at the opposite end from the mouthpiece.
- A percussion instrument consisting of metal tubes or bars that emit tones when struck.
- A hollow, usually inverted vessel, such as one used for diving deep below the surface of a body of water.
- The corolla of a flower: "In a cowslip's bell I lie” ( Shakespeare).
- Nautical A stroke on a hollow metal instrument to mark the hour.
- Nautical The time indicated by the striking of this instrument, divided into half hours.
- To put a bell on.
- To cause to flare like a bell.
- To assume the form of a bell; flare.
- bell the cat To perform a daring act.
- The bellowing or baying cry of certain animals, such as a deer in rut or a beagle on the hunt.
- To utter long, deep, resonant sounds; bellow.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഘടികാരം - Ghadikaaram | Ghadikaram ;മണയടിശബ്ദം - Manayadishabdham ;ചേങ്ങില - Chengila ;ആപത്സൂചക നാദം - Aapathsoochaka Naadham | apathsoochaka Nadham ;മണി - Mani ;ചേര്മങ്ങലം - Chermangalam ;