To unite or join; to link closely together; to bring into harmonious union; to cause or unite so as to form a homogeneous substance, as by chemical union.
- To bring into a state of unity; merge.
- To join (two or more substances) to make a single substance, such as a chemical compound; mix.
- To possess or exhibit in combination: The choreography, which combines artistry and athletics, is extremely innovative.
- To harvest (a grain crop) using a cutting, threshing, and cleaning machine.
- To become united; coalesce.
- To join forces for a common purpose. See Synonyms at join.
- Chemistry To form a compound.
- To harvest a grain crop using a cutting, threshing, and cleaning machine: "Norwegian bachelor farmers combining in their antique McCormacks” ( Garrison Keillor).
- A power-operated harvesting machine that cuts, threshes, and cleans grain.
- An association of people or groups united for the furtherance of political or commercial interests.
- A combination.