Curling in stiff curls or ringlets; as, crisp hair.
- Firm but easily broken or crumbled; brittle: crisp potato chips.
- Pleasingly firm and fresh: crisp carrot and celery sticks.
- Bracing; invigorating: crisp mountain air.
- Lively; sprightly: music with a crisp rhythm.
- Conspicuously clean or new: a crisp dollar bill.
- Marked by clarity, conciseness, and briskness: a crisp reply. See Synonyms at incisive.
- Having small curls, waves, or ripples.
- To make or keep crisp.
- To become or remain crisp.
- Something crisp or easily crumbled: The roast was burned to a crisp.
- A dessert of fruit baked with a sweet crumbly topping: apple crisp.
- Chiefly British A potato chip.