The relation or adaptation of one portion to another, or to the whole, as respect magnitude, quantity, or degree; comparative relation; ratio; as, the proportion of the parts of a building, or of the body.
- A part considered in relation to the whole.
- A relationship between things or parts of things with respect to comparative magnitude, quantity, or degree: the proper proportion between oil and vinegar in the dressing.
- A relationship between quantities such that if one varies then another varies in a manner dependent on the first: "We do not always find visible happiness in proportion to visible virtue” ( Samuel Johnson).
- Agreeable or harmonious relation of parts within a whole; balance or symmetry.
- Dimensions; size. Often used in the plural.
- Mathematics A statement of equality between two ratios. Four quantities, a, b, c, d, are said to be in proportion if a/b = c/d .
- To adjust so that proper relations between parts are attained.
- To form the parts of with balance or symmetry.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അനുപാതം - Anupaatham | Anupatham ;വിഭാഗം - Vibhaagam | Vibhagam ;പ്രമാണം - Pramaanam | Pramanam ;പങ്കുവയ്ക്കുക - Pankuvaykkuka ;അനുപാതമാക്കുക - Anupaathamaakkuka | Anupathamakkuka ;അളവ് - Alavu ;