Deviating or departing from the center, or from the line of a circle; as, an eccentric or elliptical orbit; pertaining to deviation from the center or from true circular motion.
- Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm or pattern. See Synonyms at strange.
- Deviating from a circular form or path, as in an elliptical orbit.
- Not situated at or in the geometric center.
- Having the axis located elsewhere than at the geometric center.
- One that deviates markedly from an established norm, especially a person of odd or unconventional behavior.
- Physics A disk or wheel having its axis of revolution displaced from its center so that it is capable of imparting reciprocating motion.