One of numerous species and genera of rapacious birds of the family Falconidæ. They differ from the true falcons in lacking the prominent tooth and notch of the bill, and in having shorter and less pointed wings. Many are of large size and grade into the eagles. Some, as the goshawk, were formerly trained like falcons. In a more general sense the word is not infrequently applied, also, to true falcons, as the sparrow hawk, pigeon hawk, duck hawk, and prairie hawk.
- Any of various birds of prey of the order Falconiformes and especially of the genera Accipiter and Buteo, characteristically having a short hooked bill and strong claws adapted for seizing.
- Any of various similar birds of prey.
- A person who preys on others; a shark.
- One who demonstrates an actively aggressive or combative attitude, as in an argument.
- A person who favors military force or action in order to carry out foreign policy.
- To hunt with trained hawks.
- To swoop and strike in the manner of a hawk: "It was fun to watch the scattered snail kites . . . lifting and falling in the wind as they hawked across the shining grass and water” ( Peter Matthiessen).
- To peddle goods aggressively, especially by calling out.
- To peddle (goods) aggressively, especially by calling out.
- To clear or attempt to clear the throat by or as if by coughing up phlegm.
- To clear the throat of (phlegm).
- An audible effort to clear the throat by expelling phlegm.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശഠന് - Shadan ;അത്യന്തം ജാഗരൂകന് - Athyantham Jaagarookan | Athyantham Jagarookan ;കഴുകന് - Kazhukan ;സൂക്ഷ്മദൃഷ്ടിയുള്ള - Sookshmadhrushdiyulla ;ധൂര്ത്തന് - Dhoorththan | Dhoorthan ;സാധനങ്ങൾ വിളിച്ചു കൊണ്ടു നടന്നു വില്ക്കുക - Saadhanangal Vilichu Kondu Nadannu Vilkkuka | Sadhanangal Vilichu Kondu Nadannu Vilkkuka ;