Act of departing; departure.
- A distinct, usually specialized division of a large organization, especially:
- A principal administrative division of a government: the department of public works.
- A division of a business specializing in a particular product or service: the personnel department.
- A division of a school or college dealing with a particular field of knowledge: the physics department.
- One of the principal executive divisions of the federal government of the United States, headed by a cabinet officer.
- A section of a department store selling a particular line of merchandise: the home furnishings department.
- An administrative district in France.
- A unit of a warship's crew, organized by function, such as gunnery or engineering.
- An area of particular knowledge or responsibility; a specialty: Getting the kids to bed is my department.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശാഖ - Shaakha | Shakha ;department of home affairs ആഭ്യന്തരവകുപ്പ് - department Of Home Affairs Aabhyantharavakuppu | department Of Home Affairs abhyantharavakuppu ;ഭരണവകുപ്പ് - Bharanavakuppu ;head of the department അദ്ധ്യക്ഷന് - head Of The Department Addhyakshan | head Of The Department Adhyakshan ;ശാസ്ത്രവിഭാഗം - Shaasthravibhaagam | Shasthravibhagam ;ഭരണ വകുപ്പ് - Bharana Vakuppu ;