That which happens to a person; an event, good or ill, affecting one's interests or happiness, and which is deemed casual; a course or series of such events regarded as occurring by chance; chance; hap; fate; fortune; often, one's habitual or characteristic fortune; as, good, bad, ill, or hard luck. Luck is often used for good luck; as, luck is better than skill.
- The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune: They met one day out of pure luck.
- Good fortune or prosperity; success: We wish you luck.
- One's personal fate or lot: It was just my luck to win a trip I couldn't take.
- Informal To gain success or something desirable by chance: lucked into a good apartment; lucked out in finding that rare book.
- as luck would have it As it turned out; as it happened: As luck would have it, it rained the day of the picnic.
- in luck Enjoying success; fortunate.
- out of luck Lacking good fortune.
- press To risk one's good fortune, often by acting overconfidently.
- try (one's) luck To attempt something without knowing if one will be successful.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദൈവയോഗം - Dhaivayogam ;പരമാനന്ദം - Paramaanandham | Paramanandham ;ഭാഗ്യം - ഭാഗ്യം ;യോഗം - Yogam ;പേറ് - Peru ;എരണം - Eranam ;