A comprehensive name for all of the pretended arts which claim to produce effects by the assistance of supernatural beings, or departed spirits, or by a mastery of secret forces in nature attained by a study of occult science, including enchantment, conjuration, witchcraft, sorcery, necromancy, incantation, etc.
- The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural.
- The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature.
- The charms, spells, and rituals so used.
- The exercise of sleight of hand or conjuring for entertainment.
- A mysterious quality of enchantment: "For me the names of those men breathed the magic of the past” ( Max Beerbohm).
- Of, relating to, or invoking the supernatural: "stubborn unlaid ghost/That breaks his magic chains at curfew time” ( John Milton).
- Possessing distinctive qualities that produce unaccountable or baffling effects.
- To produce or make by or as if by magic.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചേടകം - Chedakam ;മോഹനം - Mohanam ;ശാംബരി - Shaambari | Shambari ;ജാലവിദ്യ - Jaalavidhya | Jalavidhya ;കാരടം - Kaaradam | Karadam ;മന്ത്രവാദം - Manthravaadham | Manthravadham ;