The dignity and authority of sovereign power; quality or state which inspires awe or reverence; grandeur; exalted dignity, whether proceeding from rank, character, or bearing; imposing loftiness; stateliness; -- usually applied to the rank and dignity of sovereigns.
- The greatness and dignity of a sovereign.
- The sovereignty and power of God.
- Supreme authority or power: the majesty of the law.
- A royal personage.
- Used with His, Her, or Your as a title and form of address for a sovereign.
- Royal dignity of bearing or aspect; grandeur.
- Stately splendor; magnificence, as of style or character: the Parthenon in all its majesty.