To ride over or across; to ride upon; to trample down.
- To ride across.
- To ride beyond.
- To trample on.
- To ride (a horse) too hard.
- To prevail over; conquer: Budgetary concerns overrode all other considerations.
- To declare null and void; set aside: overrode the President's veto.
- To counteract the normal operation of (an automatic control).
- To extend over; overlap.
- A sales commission collected by an executive in addition to the commission received by a subordinate salesperson.
- See royalty.
- A mechanism or system used to counteract an automatic control.
- The act or an instance of nullifying.