That which is prescribed or laid down as a guide for conduct or action; a governing direction for a specific purpose; an authoritative enactment; a regulation; a prescription; a precept; as, the rules of various societies; the rules governing a school; a rule of etiquette or propriety; the rules of cricket.
- Governing power or its possession or use; authority.
- The duration of such power.
- An authoritative, prescribed direction for conduct, especially one of the regulations governing procedure in a legislative body or a regulation observed by the players in a game, sport, or contest.
- The body of regulations prescribed by the founder of a religious order for governing the conduct of its members.
- A usual, customary, or generalized course of action or behavior: "The rule of life in the defense bar ordinarily is to go along and get along” ( Scott Turow).
- A generalized statement that describes what is true in most or all cases: In this office, hard work is the rule, not the exception.
- Mathematics A standard method or procedure for solving a class of problems.
- Law A court order limited in application to a specific case.
- Law A subordinate regulation governing a particular matter.
- See ruler.
- Printing A thin metal strip of various widths and designs, used to print borders or lines, as between columns.
- To exercise control, dominion, or direction over; govern.
- To dominate by powerful influence.
- To decide or declare authoritatively or judicially; decree. See Synonyms at decide.
- To mark with straight parallel lines.
- To mark (a straight line), as with a ruler.
- To be in total control or command; exercise supreme authority.
- To formulate and issue a decree or decision.
- To prevail at a particular level or rate: Prices ruled low.
- Slang To be excellent or superior: That new video game rules!
- rule out To prevent; preclude: The snowstorm ruled out their weekly meeting.
- rule out To remove from consideration; exclude: The option of starting over has been ruled out.
- as a rule In general; for the most part: As a rule, we take the bus.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പാലനം - Paalanam | Palanam ;കോടതി വിധി - Kodathi Vidhi ;ആളുക - Aaluka | aluka ;ആധിപത്യം - Aadhipathyam | adhipathyam ;ചട്ടം - Chattam ;പ്രമാണം - Pramaanam | Pramanam ;