To cover over completely, as by a great wave; to overflow and bury beneath; to ingulf; hence, figuratively, to immerse and bear down; to overpower; to crush; to bury; to oppress, etc., overpoweringly.
- To surge over and submerge; engulf: waves overwhelming the rocky shoreline.
- To defeat completely and decisively: Our team overwhelmed the visitors by 40 points.
- To affect deeply in mind or emotion: Despair overwhelmed me.
- To present with an excessive amount: They overwhelmed us with expensive gifts.
- To turn over; upset: The small craft was overwhelmed by the enormous waves.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആഴ്ത്തുക - Aazhththuka | azhthuka ;ശക്തമായ വികാരത്തിനു കീഴ്പ്പെടുക - Shakthamaaya Vikaaraththinu Keezhppeduka | Shakthamaya Vikarathinu Keezhppeduka ;ആഴ്ത്തുക - Aazhththuka | azhthuka ;അമര്ത്തുക - Amarththuka | Amarthuka ;പരവശനാക്കുക - Paravashanaakkuka | Paravashanakkuka ;പൂര്ണ്ണമായി കീഴടക്കുക - Poornnamaayi Keezhadakkuka | Poornnamayi Keezhadakkuka ;