To cover over completely, as by a great wave; to overflow and bury beneath; to ingulf; hence, figuratively, to immerse and bear down; to overpower; to crush; to bury; to oppress, etc., overpoweringly.
- To surge over and submerge; engulf: waves overwhelming the rocky shoreline.
- To defeat completely and decisively: Our team overwhelmed the visitors by 40 points.
- To affect deeply in mind or emotion: Despair overwhelmed me.
- To present with an excessive amount: They overwhelmed us with expensive gifts.
- To turn over; upset: The small craft was overwhelmed by the enormous waves.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മുക്കുക - Mukkuka ;പരവശനാക്കുക - Paravashanaakkuka | Paravashanakkuka ;മൂടിക്കളയുക - Moodikkalayuka ;ആഴ്ത്തുക - Aazhththuka | azhthuka ;ആമഗ്നനാക്കുക - Aamagnanaakkuka | amagnanakkuka ;മുക്കിക്കിടത്തുക - Mukkikkidaththuka | Mukkikkidathuka ;