An implement consisting of a headpiece having teeth, and a long handle at right angles to it, -- used for collecting hay, or other light things which are spread over a large surface, or for breaking and smoothing the earth.
- A long-handled implement with a row of projecting teeth at its head, used especially to gather leaves or to loosen or smooth earth.
- A device that resembles such an implement.
- To gather or move with or as if with a rake: rake leaves; rake in the gambling chips.
- To smooth, scrape, or loosen with a rake or similar implement: rake the soil for planting.
- Informal To gain in abundance. Often used with in: a successful company that raked in the profits.
- To search or examine thoroughly; ransack.
- To scrape; scratch.
- To aim heavy gunfire along the length of.
- To use a rake.
- To conduct a thorough search: raked through the files for the misplaced letter.
- rake up To revive or bring to light; uncover: rake up old gossip.
- rake over the coals To reprimand severely.
- An immoral or dissolute person; a libertine.
- To slant or cause to incline from the perpendicular: propeller blades that rake backward from the shaft; rake a ship's mast.
- Inclination from the perpendicular: the rake of a jet plane's wings.
- The angle between the cutting edge of a tool and a plane perpendicular to the working surface to which the tool is applied.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കരണ്ടി - Karandi ;ചാഞ്ഞ - Chaanja | Chanja ;ദുര്വൃത്തന് - Dhurvruththan | Dhurvruthan ;വെളിച്ചത്തുകൊണ്ടുവരിക - Velichaththukonduvarika | Velichathukonduvarika ;ചീളി നോക്കുക - Cheeli Nokkuka ;സംഭരിക്കുക - Sambharikkuka ;