To rub over the surface of (something) with a sharp or rough instrument; to rub over with something that roughens by removing portions of the surface; to grate harshly over; to abrade; to make even, or bring to a required condition or form, by moving the sharp edge of an instrument breadthwise over the surface with pressure, cutting away excesses and superfluous parts; to make smooth or clean; as, to scrape a bone with a knife; to scrape a metal plate to an even surface.
- To remove (an outer layer, for example) from a surface by forceful strokes of an edged or rough instrument: scraped the wallpaper off before painting the wall.
- To abrade or smooth by rubbing with a sharp or rough instrument.
- To rub (a surface) with considerable pressure, as with an edged instrument or a hard object.
- To draw (a hard or abrasive object) forcefully over a surface: scraped my fingernails down the blackboard.
- To injure the surface of by rubbing against something rough or sharp: scraped my knee on the sidewalk.
- To amass or produce with difficulty: scrape together some cash.
- To come into sliding, abrasive contact.
- To rub or move with a harsh grating noise.
- To give forth a harsh grating noise.
- To economize or save money by paying attention to very small amounts; scrimp.
- To succeed or manage with difficulty: scraped through by a narrow margin.
- The act of scraping.
- The sound of scraping.
- An abrasion on the skin.
- An embarrassing predicament.
- A fight; a scuffle.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചുരണ്ടുക - Churanduka ;ചീവുക - Cheevuka ;പരീക്ഷയില് ഉരുണ്ടു പിരണ്ടു പാസ്സാവുക - Pareekshayil Urundu Pirandu Paassaavuka | Pareekshayil Urundu Pirandu Passavuka ;മിനുസപ്പെടുത്തുക - Minusappeduththuka | Minusappeduthuka ;ചീകുക - Cheekuka ;തൊലികളയുക - Tholikalayuka ;