Having an even surface, or a surface so even that no roughness or points can be perceived by the touch; not rough; as, smooth glass; smooth porcelain.
- Having a surface free from irregularities, roughness, or projections; even. See Synonyms at level.
- Having a fine texture: a smooth fabric.
- Free from hair, whiskers, or stubble: felt his smooth cheek after the close shave.
- Having a short dense flat coat. Used of dogs.
- Having an even consistency: a smooth pudding.
- Having an even or gentle motion or movement: a smooth ride.
- Having no obstructions or difficulties: a smooth operation.
- Serene: a smooth temperament.
- Bland: a smooth wine.
- Ingratiatingly polite and agreeable.
- Having no grossness or coarseness in dress or manner.
- To make (something) even, level, or unwrinkled.
- To rid of obstructions, hindrances, or difficulties.
- To soothe or tranquilize; make calm.
- To make less harsh or crude; refine.
- To become smooth.
- The act of smoothing.
- A smooth surface or part.