The act of inclining, or state of being inclined; a leaning; as, an inclination of the head.
- The act of inclining or the state of being inclined; a bend or tilt: The inclination of the child's head suggested sleep.
- A deviation or the degree of deviation from the horizontal or vertical; a slant: the steep inclination of a roof.
- An inclined surface; a slope.
- A tendency toward a certain condition or character: the alkaline inclination of the local waters.
- A characteristic disposition to do, prefer, or favor one thing rather than another; a propensity: "I shall indulge the inclination so natural in old men, to be talking of themselves” ( Benjamin Franklin). See Synonyms at tendency.