That which relieves or cures a disease; any medicine or application which puts an end to disease and restores health; -- with for; as, a remedy for the gout.
- Something, such as medicine or therapy, that relieves pain, cures disease, or corrects a disorder.
- Something that corrects an evil, fault, or error.
- Law A legal order of preventing or redressing a wrong or enforcing a right.
- The allowance by a mint for deviation from the standard weight or quality of coins.
- To relieve or cure (a disease or disorder).
- To remove, counteract, or rectify. See Synonyms at correct, cure.