Care, heed, or attention.
- Restoration of health; recovery from disease.
- A method or course of medical treatment used to restore health.
- An agent, such as a drug, that restores health; a remedy.
- Something that corrects or relieves a harmful or disturbing situation: The cats proved to be a good cure for our mouse problem.
- Ecclesiastical Spiritual charge or care, as of a priest for a congregation.
- The office or duties of a curate.
- The act or process of preserving a product.
- To restore to health.
- To effect a recovery from: cure a cold.
- To remove or remedy (something harmful or disturbing): cure an evil.
- To preserve (meat, for example), as by salting, smoking, or aging.
- To prepare, preserve, or finish (a substance) by a chemical or physical process.
- To vulcanize (rubber).
- To effect a cure or recovery: a medicine that cures.
- To be prepared, preserved, or finished by a chemical or physical process: hams curing in the smokehouse.