The act or manner of treating; management; manipulation; handling; usage; as, unkind treatment; medical treatment.
- The act, manner, or method of handling or dealing with someone or something: "the right to equal treatment in the criminal and juvenile justice system” ( Susan C. Ross).
- Informal The usual methods of dealing with a given situation: gave the opposing team the treatment.
- Administration or application of remedies to a patient or for a disease or injury; medicinal or surgical management; therapy.
- The substance or remedy so applied.
- A written sketch outlining the plot, characters, and action for a screenplay but not including certain elements of a finished screenplay, such as camera directions and dialogue.
- An adaptation of a novel or other literary work that serves as the basis for a screenplay.