Characterized by roughness; umpolished; raw; lacking delicacy or refinement; coarse.
- Relatively undeveloped; primitive: a rude and savage land; a rude agricultural implement.
- Being in a crude, rough, unfinished condition: a rude thatched hut.
- Exhibiting a marked lack of skill or precision in work: rude crafts.
- In a natural, raw state: bales of rude cotton.
- Lacking the graces and refinement of civilized life; uncouth.
- Lacking education or knowledge; unlearned.
- Ill-mannered; discourteous: rude behavior.
- Vigorous, robust, and sturdy.
- Abruptly and unpleasantly forceful: received a rude shock.