To express amusement, pleasure, moderate joy, or love and kindness, by the features of the face; to laugh silently.
- A facial expression characterized by an upward curving of the corners of the mouth and indicating pleasure, amusement, or derision.
- A pleasant or favorable disposition or aspect.
- To have or form a smile.
- To look with favor or approval: Fortune smiled on our efforts.
- To express cheerful acceptance or equanimity: We smiled at the bad weather and kept going.
- To express with a smile: Grandmother smiled her consent.
- To effect or accomplish with or as if with a smile.