A drop of the limpid, saline fluid secreted, normally in small amount, by the lachrymal gland, and diffused between the eye and the eyelids to moisten the parts and facilitate their motion. Ordinarily the secretion passes through the lachrymal duct into the nose, but when it is increased by emotion or other causes, it overflows the lids.
- To pull apart or into pieces by force; rend.
- To make (an opening) by ripping: tore a hole in my stocking.
- To lacerate (the skin, for example).
- To separate forcefully; wrench: tore the wrappings off the present.
- To divide or disrupt: was torn between opposing choices; a country that was torn by strife.
- To become torn.
- To move with heedless speed; rush headlong.
- The act of tearing.
- The result of tearing; a rip or rent.
- A great rush; a hurry.
- Slang A carousal; a spree.
- tear around Informal To move about in excited, often angry haste.
- tear around Informal To lead a wild life.
- tear at To pull at or attack violently: The dog tore at the meat.
- tear at To distress greatly: Their plight tore at his heart.
- tear away To remove (oneself, for example) unwillingly or reluctantly.
- tear down To demolish: tear down old tenements.
- tear down To take apart; disassemble: tear down an engine.
- tear down To vilify or denigrate.
- tear into To attack with great vigor or violence: tore into the food; tore into his opponent.
- tear off Informal To produce hurriedly and casually: tearing off article after news article.
- tear up To tear to pieces.
- tear up To make an opening in: tore up the sidewalk to add a drain.
- tear (one's) hair To be greatly upset or distressed.
- A drop of the clear salty liquid that is secreted by the lachrymal gland of the eye to lubricate the surface between the eyeball and eyelid and to wash away irritants.
- A profusion of this liquid spilling from the eyes and wetting the cheeks, especially as an expression of emotion.
- The act of weeping: criticism that left me in tears.
- A drop of a liquid or hardened fluid.
- To fill with tears.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദുഃഖം - Dhuakham ;ലോതം - Lotham ;സങ്കടം - Sankadam ;ചീന്ത് - Cheenthu ;പിളര്പ്പ് - Pilarppu ;രോദനം - Rodhanam ;