To affirm or utter a solemn declaration, with an appeal to God for the truth of what is affirmed; to make a promise, threat, or resolve on oath; also, to affirm solemnly by some sacred object, or one regarded as sacred, as the Bible, the Koran, etc.
- To make a solemn declaration, invoking a deity or a sacred person or thing, in confirmation of and witness to the honesty or truth of such a declaration.
- To make a solemn promise; vow.
- To use profane oaths; curse.
- Law To give evidence or testimony under oath.
- To declare or affirm solemnly by invoking a deity or a sacred person or thing.
- To promise or pledge with a solemn oath; vow: He swore his oath of allegiance to the queen. See Synonyms at promise.
- To utter or bind oneself to (an oath).
- Law To administer a legal oath to: All the witnesses have been sworn.
- To say or affirm earnestly and with great conviction.
- A swearword.
- swear at To use abusive, violent, or blasphemous language against; curse.
- swear by To have great reliance on or confidence in: He swears by his personal physician.
- swear by To have reliable knowledge of; be sure of: I think she left early, but I couldn't swear by it.
- swear by To take an oath by: He swore by all the angels and saints of heaven.
- swear in To administer a legal or official oath to: swear in a mayor.
- swear off Informal To pledge to renounce or give up: She has sworn off cigarettes.
- swear out Law To obtain (a warrant for arrest) by making a charge under oath.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആടുക - Aaduka | aduka ;ചെയ്യിക്കുക - Cheyyikkuka ;ശപഥംചെയ്യുക - Shapathamcheyyuka ;പ്രാകുക - Praakuka | Prakuka ;നിന്ദാവചനം പ്രയോഗിക്കുക - Nindhaavachanam Prayogikkuka | Nindhavachanam Prayogikkuka ;ശപിക്കുക - Shapikkuka ;