Bad, evil, or pernicious, in the highest degree, whether in a physical or moral sense. See Worse.
- Most inferior, as in quality, condition, or effect.
- Most severe or unfavorable.
- Being furthest from an ideal or a standard; least desirable or satisfactory.
- In the worst manner or degree.
- To gain the advantage over; defeat.
- Something that is worst.
- at (the) worst Under the most negative circumstances, estimation, or interpretation: At worst, the storm will make us postpone the trip.
- get To suffer a defeat or disadvantage.
- if (the) worst comes to (the) worst If the very worst thing happens.
- in the worst way Informal Very much; a great deal: wanted to be elected in the worst way.