A company of persons collected together in one place, and usually for some common purpose, esp. for deliberation and legislation, for worship, or for social entertainment.
- The act of assembling.
- The state of being assembled.
- A group of persons gathered together for a common reason, as for a legislative, religious, educational, or social purpose.
- The lower house of the legislature in certain U.S. states.
- The putting together of manufactured parts to make a completed product, such as a machine or electronic circuit.
- A set of parts so assembled.
- A signal by bugle or drum for troops to come together in formation.
- Computer Science The automatic translation of symbolic code into machine code.
- Computer Science An assembly language.