A hollow cylinder, of any material, used for the conveyance of fluids, and for various other purposes; a pipe.
- A hollow cylinder, especially one that conveys a fluid or functions as a passage.
- An organic structure having the shape or function of a tube; a duct: a bronchial tube.
- A small flexible cylindrical container sealed at one end and having a screw cap at the other, for pigments, toothpaste, or other pastelike substances.
- Music The cylindrical part of a wind instrument.
- Electronics An electron tube.
- Electronics A vacuum tube.
- Botany The lower, cylindrical part of a gamopetalous corolla or a gamosepalous calyx.
- Chiefly British An underground railroad tunnel.
- Chiefly British An underground railroad system, especially the one in London, England.
- A tunnel.
- An inner tube.
- An inflatable tube or cushion made of rubber or plastic and used for recreational riding, as behind a motor boat or down a snow-covered slope.
- Informal Television: What's on the tube?
- Informal A television set.
- Informal The fallopian tubes.
- To provide with a tube; insert a tube in.
- To place in or enclose in a tube.
- To ride or float on an inflated tube for recreation.
- tubes Slang Into a state of failure or ruin: saw her plans go down the tubes.